You’re a foreign medical school graduate interested in enrolling in a residency program in family medicine in France? You’ve come to the right place! Our website will provide you with all the necessary information about the residency program in the region of Lorraine: the theoretical courses, the hospital training and all the everyday obstacles you may encounter as an intern.
Family medicine is a specialty which is obtainable after 3 years (or 6 semesters) of training.
The program covers :
- 3 compulsory semesters in hospital departments recognized by the Department of Family Medicine of the University of Lorraine:
– 1 semester in adult medicine (general medicine, internal medicine, general polyvalent medicine, geriatrics)
– 1 semester in pediatrics/gynecology
– 1 semester in emergency medicine
- 1 semester of choice in an authorized hospital department
- 1 semester with a general practitioner (family medicine practice)
- 1 semester, the so-called “professional project”: during the last year of residency (5th or 6th semester), as an independent general practitioner or in a hospital department authorized by the Family Medicine coordinator.
A semester at the University Hospital in Nancy is compulsory. The remaining semesters are to be validates in hospital establishments in the peripheral cities of the region.
We invite you to consult our website at www.Raoul-IMG.fr !
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org